Bluegrass Cellular wants your porting experience to be easy. When you’re ready to switch to Bluegrass Cellular, simply follow these steps.
- First, you must contact us to provide the number you want to transfer over. If you're a Nextel customer, you must contact Nextel to remove the number block before continuing. If you're a Sprint customer, you must provide your PIN. Bluegrass Cellular will verify if the number can be ported, your number must reside inside of the Bluegrass Cellular defined service area.
- Next, you'll be asked if your service is still active with your current service provider. If it has been disconnected, it's too late for porting to take place.
- Then, you'll select a phone and rate plan that fits your specific needs. A Bluegrass Cellular Customer Care Associate will be happy to help you select one that’s best for you.
- The Customer Care Associate will fill out a customer service agreement, and a credit check will be processed.
- The porting process can take from 3 hours to 5 business days depending on the carrier you are porting from. During this timeframe, you can schedule a time to come back and for the port to complete.
- Once the porting process is complete, you can return to the Bluegrass Cellular store and complete the activation process.
- And now, you can finally start enjoying the convenience of being a Bluegrass Cellular customer.
For other information regarding local number portability visit the Federal Communication Commission’s site at www.fcc.gov/cgb/NumberPortability/