2019 Bluegrass Cellular Scholarship Program
Bluegrass Cellular is now accepting applications for the 2019 Bluegrass Cellular Scholarship Program. Bluegrass will award $18,000 in scholarships to local high school seniors in the surrounding area. Students have from now until March 29, 2019 to apply.
Twelve students will each be awarded a $1,500 scholarship. Awards will be given to students based on several criteria, including academic achievements, school/community involvement, scholarship essay, letter of recommendations and financial need. To be eligible, applicants must live and attend high school within Bluegrass Cellular’s 34-county home-service area. Winners will be notified in May 2019.
Submit Your Application
Online application submission will begin the week of January 21, 2019.
The following items MUST be included with the application to consider it complete. Applications missing any of these completed elements will be disqualified:
- High School Transcript: Must be an official document and should include recent report on senior year as well as unweighted GPA and ACT or SAT scores, if taken.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: One from a school official/teacher and another from a member of the community or a nonrelative who knows you well. Letters should describe your school/community involvement, personal characteristics and/or other factors supporting your candidacy. All letters must be typed and signed by the person giving the recommendation.
- Typed Short Answer Response: In 5-7 sentences each, answer the below questions:
- Why you deserve this scholarship?
- How do you see technology impacting your community in the future?
- Student and Counselor Signature: Applications not signed will not be considered.