Local number portability is available in Bluegrass Cellular’s service area.
What is local number portability?
It is a government-mandated program that allows customers to keep their cellular number when switching from one carrier to another within the same geographic area.
Take this opportunity to bring your number to Bluegrass Cellular where you’ll enjoy the best coverage in Central Kentucky. That means fewer dropped calls and dead spots. And, of course, you’ll receive a level of customer service with Bluegrass that national companies can’t compete with! As a customer of Bluegrass Cellular, you can continue to expect:
- More Coverage
- More Customer Service
- More Customer Care Centers
- More Great Plans-local, regional, nationwide, and family
- And, coming soon…More phones and features than ever before!
Local Number Portability Checklist
Bluegrass Cellular wants your porting experience to be easy! When you’re ready to switch to Bluegrass Cellular, the following process will occur:
- First, you must provide the number you want to transfer over. If you are a Nextel customer, you must contact Nextel to remove the number block before continuing. If you are a Sprint customer, you must provide your PIN. Bluegrass Cellular will verify if the number can be ported.
- Next, you will be asked if your service is still active with your current service provider. If it has been disconnected, then it is too late for porting to take place.
- You will also be asked to provide a copy of your most recent bill from your current service provider. The porting process cannot proceed without a copy of the bill.
- Then, you will select a phone and rate plan that fits your specific needs. A Bluegrass Cellular Customer Care Associate will be happy to help you select one that’s best for you!
- The Customer Care Associate will fill out a customer service agreement, and a credit check will be processed.
- You will receive a porting-in form with your Customer Care Associate’s contact information in case you have any questions.
- Once the porting process is complete, you will receive a call to come in and pick up your new phone.
- And now, you can finally start enjoying the convenience of being a Bluegrass Cellular customer!